POLGRES • BATH • KITCHEN • FLOOR • HOME IMPROVEMENT CENTRE
Kate Banaszak and Stan Kostka are two specialists in the home reno field that will advise, direct and provide with the technical and the design expertise.
They oversee a large team of professionals and make sure your project is done on time and budget.
TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
Here are some tips on home renovation:
- First of all decide what you like. Your friends and neigbours are different people with different tastes and it is you who has to enjoy your house the most.
- Carefully plan details. Spend more time thinking. Do not jump into projects. Plan first.
- Check your budget
- Plan carefully. One renovation may cause another (e.g. changing your counter requires replacing your existing backsplash).
- Ask around. Do not be afraid to ask friends, contractors, neighbours about their experiences and tips.
- Choose the best time for your renovation. Vacation time, with whole or part of the family away seems like a good choice.
- If there are any additional small improvements to be done, consider doing them at the same time. It saves you money and cleaning hassle.
- Ask your contractor what extra cost you may expect due to renovation. When you intall hardwood floors it is recommended that you have a humidifier installed.
- If you have any pets check if they'll be comfortable during the renovation. Make sure they are safe and not interfering with the work.
- If you have any large, valuable objects (e.g. grand piano), plan a safe storage for them. Discuss it with your contractor.